This is a delicious winter-warming soup full of healthy vegetables and Mexican spices. You can change some of the vegetables to suit what’s in your vegetable box or even use some leftover cooked vegetables. The chocolate helps to compliment the spices. You can add kidney beans if liked or if you have some leftover beef you can shred it and pop it in before re-heating – then it becomes Chilli con Carne Soup!
Chilli sin Carne Soup
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 small Swede peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip peeled and chopped
- 2 leeks washed and chopped
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 2 tsp each-chilli ground cumin, smoked paprika, Black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- 1 piece dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 tin kidney beans optional
- Place all the vegetables into a large pan, and cover completely with water. Add the stock cube.
- Bring to the boil and simmer until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Puree all the vegetables and stock together until completely smooth.
- Add the spices and oregano and season to taste.
- Stir in the Greek yoghurt and chocolate until blended. If using, add the kidney beans.
- Heat to serve.