A fresh and crisp wrap to serve with your Summer picnic.
Lettuce and Vegetable Wraps
Write a review
- 8 Cos lettuce or large spinach leaves
- 2 large carrot
- 4 radish
- 1 Spring onions
- 1 small beetroot
- 1 tbsp olive or hazelnut oil
- 2 tsp red wine or cider vinegar
- Trim, peel and coarsely grate the carrots and beetroot. Thinly slice the radish, and finely slice the spring onions lengthwise.
- Combine these in a bowl with the olive oil and vinegar. Season to taste.
- Divide the vegetable mixture evenly between the leaves. Fold in the ends and roll the leaves up.To hold the parcels together, tie them with chives or finely cut spring onion or secure with cocktail sticks.
- These can be made in the morning, ready to eat that day.
- Great way to use up any bits of vegetables in your fridge. For a bit of spice add some thinly sliced red chilli.
Sheila's Pantry http://sheilaspantry.com/