A quick and easy pate which can be used in many different dishes. Delicious served with Creme fraiche griddle cakes, as a filling for choux buns or simply served with a rustic chunk of bread.
Watercress & goat’s cheese pate
Write a review
- 1 bag watercress
- 300g soft goat’s cheese
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Chop the watercress & spring onions finely.
- Beat together the goat’s cheese, crème fraiche & lemon juice, until smooth & season to taste.
- Stir in watercress & spring onions; combine well & put into serving dish.
- Chill well.
- Serve as a dip with crudités.
- Slice tomatoes, drizzle with a little olive oil and top with pate.
- Delicious in a jacket potato and topped with chopped, crispy streaky bacon.
- Serve with warm baked bread.
- Bake large chestnut mushrooms in garlic & olive oil & top with watercress pate.
- Halve beefsteak tomatoes, scoop out the seeds & fill with watercress pate. Sprinkle with chopped basil & drizzle with a little avocado oil
- Make little filo or shortcrust pastry tartlet cases. When cool fill with the pate. Top with crispy bacon pieces.
- Fill choux buns with pate mixed with chopped smoked salmon
Sheila's Pantry http://sheilaspantry.com/