A really quick and easy cookie recipe, which is gluten-free and can be given several different flavours. You can also drizzle them with chocolate for a ‘naughtier’ cookie.
Write a review
- 250g crunchy peanut butter or a mixture of any nut butters
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 35g dessicated coconut
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g chocolate chips
- Replace 50g sugar with 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to Gas mark 4 / 180C.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl with a mixer or spoon until smooth.
- Add beaten egg and bicarbonate of soda to peanut butter mixture and beat until well combined.
- Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball and place on baking sheet.
- Place 12 balls onto each baking sheet and flatten gently.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until slightly puffed and a golden colour.
- Leave on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes and then place on a rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Add any of the optional extras after beating the peanut butter and sugar and continue as above.
- The dough can be rolled into balls, open frozen on a tray then bagged up ready to defrost and bake as above.
Sheila's Pantry http://sheilaspantry.com/