A lovely crisp and tasty salad which can be served simply with feta or goats cheese.Green vegetables are rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, folates, fibre, B-group vitamins and minerals.Not only are they a really important part of your diet but they are versatile and a pleasurable sight on the plate with the vibrant green colours.
Seeds are plant-based sources of essential amino acids and minerals, including calcium, zinc, copper and magnesium — especially important in vegetarian and vegan diets.When eaten as part of a healthy diet, they can help reduce blood sugar, cholesterol and blood pressure.
For an intense flavour you can roast the broccoli instead of boiling it.
Delicious accompaniment to Barbecued Hake in Vine Leaves with a Herb and Caper Pesto
Honey-dressed seeded greens salad
- 300 g broccoli broken into small florets
- 300 g shredded kale
- 100 g soya beans or peas
- 3 tbsp mixed seeds- sunflower, pumpkin or chia- lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch of black pepper, to taste
- Cook broccoli for 1 minute in a large pan of boiling water, then add kale and soya beans or peas and cook for just 1 more minute.
- Drain quickly and rinse in cold water. Leave to drain in a colander.
- Combine the dressing ingredients, then dress the green vegetables and toss with the seeds.