Honey, garlic and carrots are a perfect combination with sweet, crisp, and the characteristic pungent, spicy flavour that garlic gives, mellowing and sweetening with cooking, not forgetting the lovely aroma.Carrots don’t need a lot of water otherwise they lose a lot of that lovely flavour.
The addition of sweetcorn adds even more colour and another texture. Perfect with roast chicken or Baked Mushrooms in a Cheesy Cider Sauce with Walnuts
- 2 large carrots peeled, halved and quartered
- 3 tbsp frozen sweetcorn defrosted and drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp honey
- Large pinch coarse ground black pepper
- Heat 50ml water in a frying pan.
- Add the carrots, olive oil and garlic.
- Gently cook for 10-15 minutes until the juices have reduced taking care not to burn.
- When the liquid has been reduced, add the sweetcorn, honey and pepper.
- Heat through.....and enjoy!