I’m not a great lover of eggs – scrambled, fried or poached, but I do enjoy a tasty frittata. A frittata is cooked slowly and usually served at room temperature, whereas an omelette is cooked quickly and served immediately.
As with a lot of my dishes, frittatas are great at using up your ” bits left in the fridge”. Add some herbs and seasoning to any flavours and you have a cheap and healthy muffin which is great for picnics, lunches with a salads or even if you make mini muffins they make perfect canapés.
Muffin frittata with smoked salmon and prawns
- 8 eggs
- 130 g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp chopped chives, parsley or dill
- 30 g chopped spinach, rocket or sorrel
- 70 g double gloucester cheese, grated
- butter, for greasing
- 120 g smoked salmon
- 100 g king prawns
- salt and pepper , to season
- Preheat the oven 180°C / Gas mark 4
- Butter 8 muffin cases well.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk. Add the yogurt and mix well.
- Add the chives, cheese and chopped green leaves.Season.
- Divide the egg mix between the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the egg is just cooked through.
- Leave to cool a bit and remove from the muffin cases. Top with pieces of salmon and king prawns.