Have you got some peanut butter sitting in the cupboard that needs using up? Whether its smooth or nutty you can use it to make a squidgy brownie.
You use less sugar to make this brownie – which is what normally gives it that lovely crust- as the chocolate spread and peanut butter give that same result but without it being so sweet.I recommend using a dark chocolate spread to give it a rich colour and denser flavour.
Chocolate Spread and Peanut Butter Brownie
- 300 g dark chocolate spread
- 175 g crunchy peanut butter
- 225 g castor sugar
- 130 g plain flour
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- Break the eggs into a bowl and add the caster sugar. Whisk until thick and creamy.
- Place the peanut butter and chocolate spread in a small and place over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Stir until smooth and well blended.
- Add to the egg mixture with the vanilla essence and whisk again until thoroughly mixed.
- Fold in the sieved flour and cocoa until smooth.
- Tip into a greased 20cm square baking tin, smooth the top and bake 180C for 40-45 minutes until just beginning to set in the middle. It will continue to cook once removed from the oven.
- Leave to cool and remove from the tin.
This freezes well. Make sure it is tightly wrapped or in an airtight container.
Makes a delicious dessert served with a chocolate and brandy sauce and vanilla ice cream.