Sometimes there are the odd occasions when after a celebration or indulgence, you may find yourself with some prosecco or champagne left in a bottle! Then this is the ideal sauce to make…..
It compliments salmon perfectly and for a vegetarian option then why not use it to dip in some beautiful roasted asparagus.
- 400 ml Prosecco or Champagne
- 2 shallots finely diced
- 20 g butter
- 20 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 250 ml single cream or greek yogurt - or a mixture of both
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp caper optional
- Pour the Prosecco or Champagne into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 4 minutes to reduce by half.Pour into a jug.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a low heat. Add the shallots and sauté until soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flour.
- Slowly add the prosecco or champagne, stirring well.
- Place back on a low heat and stirring constantly, simmer for 3 minutes. Add the cream or yogurt and bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Add the dill and stir well.
- Season to taste and simmer for 4 minutes.
- If using, add the capers.
The sauce can be portioned and frozen.