A great cookie to make with the children and it gives that ‘ginger’ hit!
Cornish Ginger Fairings
- 115 g butter
- 20 g golden syrup
- 175 g self-raising flour
- 50 g caster sugar
- 35 g soft brown sugar
- 8 - 10 g ground ginger depending on taste
- 3 g bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven gas mark 5 / 190C
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and syrup in a pan or in a bowl in a microwave until dissolved.
- Add the flour, sugars, ginger and bicarbonate of soda and mix together well.
- Leave the the mixture to cool for a few minutes and form handfuls of the mixture into walnut-sized balls.
- Place them spaced apart on the trays and press down slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until starting to brown for a chewy cookie or leave a bit longer until brown for a crunchy cookie.
- Leave to cool..... if you can! then transfer to a cooling rack.
Tip: For an extra ginger hit add some finely chopped stem ginger to the mix.