A quick savoury marmalade with a deep red colour.Delicious served on griddled large flat mushrooms topped with shavings of a hard cheese.
Blueberry & red onion marmalade
- 2 red onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g blueberries
- 1 tbsp fruit vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- Put oil into a medium sized pan, heat gently & add sliced onions.
- Sweat over a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the vinegar & cook over a medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add the blueberries & sage & cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes stirring all the time until the marmalade thickens. Season to taste.
- Put into a dish & use as a condiment or in cooking.
The marmalade will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a fortnight.