A great way to use up any leftover brioche. You can use chocolate brioche which goes really well with raspberries as well as blueberries.
You can prepare the cake ahead and leave in the fridge until ready to cook. As the brioche absorbs the liquid , it might need a bit more cream to keep it moist.
BRIOCHE AND BLUEBERRY CAKE
A DELICIOUS DESSERT OR PERFECT FOR AFTERNOON TEA!
- 4 BRIOCHE OR 4 SLICES BRIOCHE LOAF
- 125 G BLUEBERRIES
- 2 EGGS
- A FEW DROPS OF ORANGE FLOWER WATER OPTIONAL
- 2 TBSP CLEAR HONEY
- 60 G CASTOR SUGAR
- 10 FL OZ MILK
- 6 FL OZ DOUBLE CREAM
- FLAKED ALMONDS ( OPTIONAL)
- BUTTER 6 MUFFIN TINS OR A 20CM DISH
- SLICE BRIOCHE AND LAYER INTO TIN OR DISH AND SPRINKLE ON THE BLUEBERRIES
- PRESS DOWN WELL AND DRIZZLE HONEY AND ORANGE FLOWER WATER OVER THE TOP
- BEAT EGGS, CREAM, MILK AND SUGAR TOGETHER
- POUR LIQUID EVENLY OVER THE CAKES
- LEAVE TO REST FOR ABOUT 30 MINUTES
- SPRINKLE WITH FLAKED ALMONDS (OPTIONAL)
- BAKE 160C/ GAS MARK 3, FOR 15-20 MINUTES FOR THE SMALL CAKES AND 30 MINUTES FOR THE LARGE CAKE, UNTIL JUST SET IN THE MIDDLE AND GOLDEN BROWN
- SERVE WARM OR COLD
Serving suggestion: Delicious topped with clotted cream and a drizzle of honey.