A great way to use up all those bits and pieces left in the cupboard. You can replace the dried fruits with any others you prefer or just simply need to use up. The same with the nuts and seeds. Also the peanut butter is a personal taste and for a really nutty bar use crunchy peanut butter.
I like to replace the honey with maple syrup or agave syrup, for a different flavour.
Refrigerator Granola Bar
- 60 g chopped dried apricots
- 60 g chopped dried apple
- 60 g chopped dried dates
- 60 g dried cranberries
- 60 g raisins
- 30 g coarsely chopped pecan nuts
- 30 g coarsely chopped walnuts
- 30 g coarsely chopped almonds
- 30 g chia seeds
- 30 g pumpkin seeds
- 30 g sunflower seeds
- 20 g yellow linseeds
- 60 g oats
- 60 g honey or maple syrup
- 300 g smooth peanut butter
- 100 g butter
- Melt the butter, honey/maple syrup and peanut butter in a pan or in a microwave. Stir well.
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir in the melted peanut butter mix. Keep stirring well to combine all the ingredients.
- Place into a shallow tray, smooth over the top,pressing down well and place in the fridge.
- Remove and cut into small slices.
I prefer to eat this straight from the fridge as its firmer and seems to be better to nibble on!