I love soup, I love flavours and I like to eat healthily! I do like kale and I do like cauliflower so this recipe gives me it all. It is a great way to use up that other half of cauliflower as I always find them too big. Souplicious!
Roasting the cauliflower with the spices and onion packs more flavour and is quick and easy to do.
This is healthy but if you want to make a richer soup replace some of the vegetable stock with milk or add some cream before serving, though I find cauliflower does produce a creamy taste and texture without this addition.
Serve with natural yogurt or cream swirled on the top and you can add any fresh chopped herbs of your choice.
Cauliflower and Kale Soup
- Half large or 1 small cauliflower chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 handfuls chopped kale
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Natural yogurt or Single cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Place the cauliflower florets, chopped onion and garlic cloves on a large baking tray. Drizzle over the oil and sprinkle with the cumin and coriander.
- Toss until everything is fully and evenly coated. Roast for 20-30 minutes until just beginning to brown.
- When the cauliflower has roasted, remove from the oven.
- Tip the cauliflower, onion and garlic mix into a large saucepan and add the vegetable stock and kale. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Using a stick blender or processor, purée the soup until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Add more liquid if you prefer a thinner soup.
- To serve drizzle with yogurt and sprinkle with chopped parsley