You can add Moroccan or Indian spices such as turmeric, coriander, chilli or harissa, to give some tasty alternatives. Omit the cheese.
Always take care to chill your rice immediately after cooking.
Write a review
- 4 tbsp cooked rice - brown, basmati or long grain
- 2 eggs
- 2 spring onions
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tsp crushed root ginger
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 50g mature cheddar cheese, grated, optional
- Whisk eggs well in a bowl and add the rice, mixing well.
- Chop the spring onions into 1 cm pieces and add to the mixture with the garlic, ginger and pepper. Add the cheese if using.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and when starting to sizzle drop a heaped tablespoon into the pan. Press down lightly.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Cook on a moderate heat on each side until golden brown - about 5 minutes each side.
- Serve immediately with your choice of topping or just as they are - especially tasty if you have added cheese!
- Cooked Prawns in a Sweet and Sour sauce topped with roasted Cashew Nuts
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
- Vegetarian Chilli topped with Soured Cream
- Crispy Bacon and Sautéed Mushrooms
- Slow-Roasted Tomatoes and Diced Feta Cheese
Sheila's Pantry http://sheilaspantry.com/