I love avocados and am always looking for new ideas and recipes.They are delicious hot and cold and so healthy too!
There aren’t many foods that don’t go with an avocado, even chocolate seems to turn up in recipes! One of my favourite quick snacks is a half avocado with a drizzle of pesto in the ‘hole’ topped with some Somerset Brie and popped under the grill for about 5 minutes.
This Rosti recipe is quick, simple and can even be used for a canapé when made into a small spoonful, topped with smoked salmon.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chopped coriander
- 2 to matoes deseeded and chopped finely
- 2 spring onions trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 red chilli deseeded
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato finely grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Halve the avocado and tap the stone with a sharp knife. Twist to remove the stone in one movement and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Add the lime juice and mash with a fork.
- Add the coriander, spring onions, chilli and tomatoes and fold into the mashed avocado. Season with black pepper.
- Fold the sweet potato into the mixture until evenly distributed.
- Heat the oil and fry tablespoons of the mixture for approximately 4 minutes each side over a medium heat, until golden.
- Keep warm until ready to serve.
You can freeze any surplus and simply pop into a hot pan from frozen and reheat over a low heat until heated through.