As much as I love cauliflower as a side dish, after a couple of days it can be a bit too much. I make these pancake wrappers ready to fill with a variety of fillings as a lunchtime snack or as a main meal with a salad.
I make small ones or cut a large one into triangles to use as a dipper into hummus or Kale and Almond pesto.
These are delicious filled with Black Bean & Chickpea Veggie Chilli
Watch the video to see the Chilli in a cauliflower wrapper.
Cauliflower pancake wrapper
- Half medium cauliflower stalk removed and cut into florets
- 2 medium eggs
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Optional additions
- 1 tsp curry paste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- Preheat oven 200C / Gas Mark 6. Line 1 large or 2 small baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until they form small crumbs.
- Turn into a bowl and stir in beaten eggs. Add any other choices of ingredients and combine well.
- Divide the mix into 2 and spread each half into into a large circle approximately 18-20cm in diameter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until dry and starting to gently brown at the edges.
- Invert onto plate and spoon your choice of filling onto one half. Fold over and serve warm.
- To keep warm, pile the wraps onto a plate with bakewell parchment between each layer.
For a Vegan version, substitute the egg with 1 tbsp light tahini and 30g fine cornmeal.